Thursday, April 26, 2007

I've had something on my mind for a few weeks now. If this applies to you then maybe it will help. Have you ever ask a beagler about what kind of dog food he feeds. It seems that more often than not they tell you what kind of feed they buy and where at. They almost always tell you the price they pay. Folks we need to wake up our sport. Good dogs are expensive. Shotguns are not cheap. For crying out loud, look at the price of the pick up trucks many are driving. Why do I still hear about beaglers trying to put the cheapest dog food possible into their dogs?
If you had a race car, would you show up at a race with watered down gasoline in the tank? I expect not. Why not feed your dogs properly? Who has to clean your kennels. Around here it's me. I want that job to be quick and easy. I want all of the dog food I buy with my dollars to be put to work, not washed out back of the kennel.
As you may expect, I have many visitors at my kennels. Most people remark about how shiny or good my dogs and puppies look. I wonder if they think that it's by accident. Look in my feed barrels, you won't find any 11.99 a bag dog food in their. If you want your equipment to work properly you have to take care of it. If you want you dogs to look and perform their best, you have to feed them right. For a while now I have been experimenting with different feeds. The one thing I can say for sure, you get what you pay for.
I have worked in the automotive quality feed for the last dozen or so years. I've learned that it's important to check your process at each step. The components or ingredients need to be tested and verified just as the finished product has to be tested. I know there are huge companies that have giant advertising budgets. They do a great job of touting their product. As you know all those ads cost money! That's passed right into each bag of dog food you buy.
I've found that Diamond dog food is a great choice for most kennel owners and hunters. They have the highest quality standards in the industry. They manufacture their feed right here in the Carolina's, and use no imported byproducts from China.
I have been very impressed with the puppy food as well as the new line of Diamond Natural dog food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with using higher quality dog food but, I see your blog picture is supporting Purina. Why the change?

Scott Wilson said...

Thank you for pointing this out to me. I had missed that. The picture is of FC Oopsy Daisy when she had won the Quail Farm Derby back in 05. At the time I was feeding Pro Plan and Daisy competed on Pro Plan. Delivery issues had always been a problem for me with Purina.
Over the last year Diamond has been way ahead of the curve when it comes to supplier quality as well as final product quality. Since I have made the switch I have learned of a number of Purina feeders who have always used the Diamond Puppy formula. They felt like it was better. I have been very pleased with my results. To learn more visit their site at www.Diamondpet.com